Building on Children’s Emerging Literacy – Mini Self Study
This course is one in a series of Early Years Scotland mini self study courses to support effective early years practice and will increase understanding and knowledge of literacy development in the early years.
- increase and strengthen knowledge and understanding of literacy in early years
- understand the importance of engaging children in literacy-rich experiences to increase their conceptual understanding in language
- understand how to address factors that affect limited progress, for example, vocabulary acquisition
- understand and confidently utilise strategies to support effective approaches to early language development in settings
- feel confident and know how to apply this learning to practice with children and families.