Christmas Fundraising Ideas
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. We’ve put together an exciting ideas to inspire you to do
something a bit different and get festive.
- Gift donations – Ask your friends and family to donate to Early Years Scotland to support Children and families next year instead of buying a gift
- Host a Christmas Crafting afternoon – Let family and friends festive creativity flow! Charge an entry fee and collect donations. Options are endless: cards, decorations, gingerbread
- Sponsored Christmas Jumper day – raise money for wearing the cheesiest Christmas Jumper you can find or hold a Christmas Jumper party and sell tickets
- Have a Christmas party – make it fancy, casual, fancy dress – whatever you decide have fun. There are lots of ways to collect donations. It could be ticket sales, donations, activities or competitions, selling mulled wine and mince pies, karaoke where people pay to show off those vocal cords.
- Bring and Buy sale – dig out those old unused gifts and sell them in your community or online – you recycle, make space in your cupboards and others get great gifts – win-win!
- Set up a gift wrapping station – Sell your gift wrapping skills for a suggested donation per gift
- Decorate a tree for a fee – offer to decorate family and friends trees
- Do a Santa Dash or Santa Skydive – Dig out your Santa hat and get sponsored for being an action Santa
- Arrange a Christmas Quiz – A classic! All teams pay to play and the winners receive a small prize. Themes could include complete the Christmas lyric, name the Christmas film from a quote or screenshot
- New Year Challenge – identify a personal challenge for next year and get sponsorship. For example run a marathon, or do the Kiltwalk for Early Years Scotland.
- Gift it up for January – After the indulgences can you do without for a month or a year even? Take on the challenge, make a fresh start and update your fundraising page with your progress
- New Year New You – make a commitment to exercise body and mind and stick to it. Get people to sponsor you to keep you motivated.
- Advent Actions – carry out 24 days of activity in the lead up to Christmas. This could be anything from running 5k, daily yoga, hill walk, 24 random acts of kindness. Set up a fundraising page, post videos, or pictures and get your actions sponsored
- Host a Christmas movie marathon – charge entrance fee and sell hot chocolate and mince pies