The Scottish Government has published the latest progress report on implementing the increase in the entitlement to early learning and childcare to 600 hours per year.
The Early Learning and Childcare (ELC) provisions under the Children and Young People (Scotland) Act 2014 (the Act) commenced in August 2014. Two years on, the report outlines progress and delivery throughout Scotland.
The report provides a comprehensive picture of delivery based on information to date. It summarises current progress, and addresses the following specific issues:
• Infrastructure changes
• Parental perceptions of the service
• Uptake of free entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds
• Uptake of free entitlement for 2 year olds
• Local authorities consultations with local populations
• Increased flexibility and choice
• Staffing changes
Download the report
View Previous Blog
"Early Years Scotland Annual Review" posted in News
View Next Blog
"Child Protection Improvement Programme update" posted in News